Saturday 31 October 2015

Smartphone and laptop wifi limited connectivity - problem solved



Dear All,

I feel excited to share this information with you.

Till last week i was frustrated with wifi limited connectivity problem both in my laptop and in my smartphone xperia z2.

In your smartphone after lollipop update wifi sometiimes shows exclamatory symbol and the internet wont work.

For those who like to get rid of this frustration please follow these steps.

1. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Recommended to connect your modem through LAN cable until this process. Try avoiding wifi.

2. Search for internet in your modem configuration

3. Then scroll down and search for "WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Mixed Mode".

4. Search for "Encryption". By default the encryption will be set to TKIP/AES.

5. Change it to TKIP and save it..

6. You are done. Turn off your modem for 10 seconds and switch it ON. Now you can connect with your wifi :)

This limited connectivity problem never happened to me again after changing the encryption. :good:

Note :
The above said steps may vary depending on your modem. Please change your encryption thats the point here.
AES is the latest encryption for WPA 2 mode and TKIP for WPA mode.
I am a newbie here. I am sorry if my steps doesnt help you. I hope someone will be benefitted.








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Internet.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	92.9 KB<br/>ID:	3526701
 














No comments:

Post a Comment