Saturday 31 October 2015

adb/fastboot not working



I finally got around to trying to install a custom recovery and root my HTC M8 (Verizon, KitKat 4.4.4).

I had previously unlocked my phone with SunShine - and have S-Off.

I tried installing adb/fastboot/drivers downloading from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48915118

On my phone I turned off fastboot, enabled developer mode, and enabled USB debugging.

I connect my phone, it says USB debugging connected - and my PC (Windows 7) recognized the device.

However, when I try fastboot devices it does not recognize my phone - it returns nothing.

I realized that I had previous versions of adb/fastboot installed on my PC (From HTC Syanc & the WugFresh Nexus toolkit). I uninstalled them and reinstalled the drivers from that link, but still no adb/fastboot.

One thing I noticed is that (unlike the tutorial video on the link) in Device Manager my phone is not recognized under Other devices/ADB interface, but rather appears under Android USB devices / My HTC. I tried following the tutorial and tried to update the driver software, but it was not possible to use the downloaded Google drivers.

The PC recognizes it as an MTP/Media Player device, but not as an ASB one.

Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment