Saturday 31 October 2015

Need opinions and some direction re: What the devil to run.



Just came off of having to put up with using Razr M's for the last two years. I bought two used G3's this week and am now attempting to figure out which way to go.
These are our first LG products since flip days. The specs of the G3 really grabbed my attention when I read up on it.
I've spent the last (7) hours crawling around this forum and am now somewhat burned-out, overwhelmed, confused, ETC. (and the beer supply ran out...)
The two (new to me) phones are in great shape. One is @24B and the other is @10B
The 24B unit pulled down the 35B update today and is waiting/holding to update.
The 10B unit when I select 'Check for Updates' is pulling down a 110MB update, however when I select 'Install', it reboots, attempts upgrade and then returns a error #0x1111004. I got a feeling that the PO didn't execute something quite right when he wiped it before selling it.

Since these units are at a stage where I can wipe and flash at will, I'm trying to determine if I should go custom or just accept the 35B.
I'm leaning towards Jasmine 9 or Xdabbeb. Once I get these setup & configured I'll most likely stay with it. I'll tinker but that's about it.
I want stability and reliability and won't be flashing just to try out the latest. (i may have to get ahold of another for that :p)
One feature that caught my eye that I would truly, dearly like to have is 'Record Call'. (if possible)

So if I may ask for some opinions on which way to go I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,
_Dan



No comments:

Post a Comment