Saturday 31 October 2015

N5 sorta stuck in bootloop. Looking for help on backup and remedy!



Hey there guys!

So I'm having a bit of a situation with my Nexus 5. It is a first production run as I ordered it the hour it came out.

Today it started having HUGE issues. This is a few days after I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0. The device would shut down and then go into a boot loop for HOURS. Sometimes it'd start back up fine and be usable for a few minutes, but then shutting down and becoming unusable. Sometimes it'd start up and the "Optimizing Apps" screen would come up as if I had just made an Android upgrade, and it would complete after some minutes and become usable until it restarted again.

The phone "seems to be working" now OK. This thread is gonna be a bit multi-faceted, so sorry for asking so much :/ Just having a situation with my phone I want to remedy.

First, I'm looking for a good unrooted backup program I can use to backup the stuff on my phone to my computer or somewhere else. I want it in case I get the phone working again or I get a new android and want to transfer stuff over. Is it possible to move data from one backup to a new phone? Not sure. Either way, just looking for a good backup program I can use, if anyone can recommend me one.

Second, besides the obvious possibility of Marshmallow messing my phone up, a lot of people say it could have to do with a "stuck internal power button" and that "smacking the phone against a hard surface near the camera" could help. This seems mega sketchy, but at this point Im willing to do it after a backup. Does this solution have any merit or is it, as we say, "bulls***"?

Third, is there any possible way to remedy a bootloop software-side?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment