Saturday 31 October 2015

Can I change the China Unicom version M8 to US T-mobile version?



Hi, I have a China Unicom version of M8, which is compatible with both 3/4G of China Unicom and China Mobile.

While now I am in the US and use a T-Mobile SIM, I wonder,

1) Can I change it to a T-Mobile version such that I can then use T-Mobile 4G LTE networks?
I currently can only access T-Mobile 3G networks (HSPA+). I checked that the China Unicom version M8 support FDD-1800/2100MHz 4G LTE band (according to HTC-China official site), while T-Mobile's 4G frequency includes Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz) (according to T-Mobile official site). It seems it should be compatible.

2) I currently cannot receive any Wireless Emergency Alerts message, is it because my phone is of China Unicom version? Then can I receive these messages by change my M8 with a T-Mobile Rom?

Thank you very much for your reading this thread and kind help.



No comments:

Post a Comment