Sunday 29 November 2015

Very Low Mic Volume On Custom ROMs



So the problem is that no matter what custom ROM I use the mic volume is incredibly low. Talking on the phone I cannot be heard at all, if I put it on loudspeaker I can be heard faintly. Same problem for any app that uses the microphone, like sound recorder, recording a video, it barely picks up any sound.
But what's strange is that everything works perfectly on on Stock. I've installed custom ROMs on this before and last used cm10 before I upgraded way back. But now the problem also exists on that CM10 ROM. Any ideas how to fix it?

Additionally I've tried disabling the google now search listening (which fixed the same problem on my OPO) but does not work here. I've tried the following ROMs: CM10, CM11, CM12 all official nightlies and Crdroid 5.1.1.

Very frustrating as otherwise CM12 works perfectly and I intend to give this phone to someone!



No comments:

Post a Comment